Monday, December 3, 2012

If you want it let me hear you scream!

Self discovery time: I am overly empathetic! The definition of empathy is "experiencing the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another." Yup sounds like me! I love that talent when people are confiding in me, or venting to me, because I really do feel what they feel. I can relate very well to people. However, I am finding it to be a negative attribute as well because in dealing with emotional people, it makes me emotional! I don't like it! I'm not talking about crying emotions, I'm talking about moody, mean, aggravated emotions. I really need to be careful who I hang out with because people really do affect my mood! I like to surround myself with positive happy people because they make me positive and happy. When I am around people who are negative, it is like we are both trapped in a black hole, and it just makes me unhappy.

There was a woman at the salon last week that was having an anxiety/mental breakdown, and I literally felt anxiety just listening to her talk. She was freaking out so hard core that it really did affect me!

Nerdy TV show reference, but this reminds me of an episode of Charmed where Phoebe first gets her powers as an empath, and she can't handle it because everyone else's feelings are almost causing her to self combust! I totally feel like Phoebe! The way I need to deal with this talent is to surround myself with people who won't freak me out because of their crazy moody lifestyles.

No comments: