Thursday, June 20, 2013

Not till the night when I turned 25 I saw that I had it all wrong

Well almost as exciting as my Golden Birthday (22 on the 22nd), was my quarter of a century birthday! Honestly in my old age I am getting less excited about parties and planning parties, but you know what? I'm a dang good party thrower! Anyway I was debating even having a birthday party, but Chelsea was over and saw my masquerade mask from a party a few years ago and was like we should have a masquerade! BINGO! Party!!! Next thing I knew I had sent out a facebook invite to 'Jessica's Quarter of a Century Masquerade Birthday Party'.  So fun! I love birthdays! Especially my own! I'm glad I had a party! It was definitely not as planned out or thankfully as expensive as past parties, but it was perfect! I didn't text people and remind them, I just let people who truly valued me, and wanted to come come. My birthday was on a Wednesday, and this was right when I got back from Cancun. so I didn't even have to work! I just chilled, and cleaned, and unpacked, and caught up on TV shows I missed while I was out of the country. In the evening my besties came with me for a birthday dinner at my fave place: The Blue Lemon! 
 Love these girlies! 
 Chelsea helped me so much with the party! YAY!!! 
 First round of party animals! 
 Ricky made a delicious S'mores pie!!! MMMMM!!!
 Round two partiers! 
 ROOOMMAAATTEEE Picture! That will never be old or irrelevant! 
 Dave and I totally matched! 
For my work birthday pot luck the salon got me a reeses ice cream cake! SERIOUSLY GOOD! 
YAY for birthdays! I feel like each year just gets better and better, and I am so grateful for that! I still get told I look 18, so I'm really okay being 25. :) 

No comments: