Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Let's start at the very beginning

I hate the saying 'Flirt to convert" I do not believe in flirt to convert! It really bugs me when people say that! I don't want someone who isn't strong in the gospel, I want someone who is strong, and faithful, and keeps their covenants. I don't want someone who will just join the church for me, or just go to church for me. I want someone who is so strong that will lift me up. I am not saying I would never marry a convert, or if I was dating a nonmember, and he converted I wouldn't marry him by any means, but I would definitely have to gauge the specific situation, and I would be very cautious. Growing up with a less active father has definitely made me appreciate active priesthood holders who support their wives. I want a husband who is an equal with me. I don't want to carry him, or babysit him, I want us both to be on the same team, with the same goals working towards eternal life. Is that so hard to find, or so much to ask for? I wouldn't say I am opposed to dating someone "with a past," as long as they are actively engaged in their future, and show me the kind of person they are without me asking, or giving ultimatums. The long and short of it is, I am very picky, and I know what I want! haha! I am having trouble finding it though, so if you have any suggestions let me know!

No comments: