Monday, April 22, 2013

Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die, you gotta get up and try

Alright I have officially told my mother, therefore the cat is out of the bag. I am considering moving to Tennessee. Now, don't get excited, because IF it does happen it won't be for a while, and it will only be if I land a dream job. I have just felt lately like I am ready for a change. One of the biggest thing holding me back is how great my clientele is building up at Celebrity. If I do leave, I don't think I could ever come back to Utah and do hair. It is SO hard to build here. Utahans are so cheap, and don't want to pay for quality, or talent, they would rather go home and have mom buzz their hair. It makes my job quite difficult, and forget good tips! I once was tipped $4 for a $100 service. REALLY?!?
Anyway the word on the street is the grass really is greener across the state line. Carrie said she built her Clientele from zero to completely booked in a matter of six months. That is incredible to me!
Anyway, I have been feeling lately like I have become "too Utah". Let me elaborate, for starters I am forgetting what it's like to share the gospel. In Utah we don't "share" the gospel. We defend the gospel, and we push it in people's faces. Most people in Utah have had some sort of interaction with the LDS faith weather good or bad, and that interaction has helped them to form some sort of opinion about the religion, and members. Growing up as on of about 12 LDS people in my High School that is not what I am used to. I miss talking to people about the gospel, and sharing my testimony of the truth, and starting with a relatively clean slate in talking about the gospel. It is so much harder to break down walls to then to build them.
Another thing is Utah boys. *See a few posts previous* They are horrible. They don't ask you out, they aren't motivated, they don't have goals, they mostly only go for 19 year old blondes (two attributes I do not have), they don't fully live the gospel, (staying for all three hours of church, temple attendance, exercising priesthood). It is just frustrating. I am sick of these boys, and I think I am ready for some real men in my life.
Those are the two things that I can think of off the top of my head, now it's time for a Pros/Cons list!

Pros of moving-
-New experience
-Make new friends
-Be able to share the gospel
-Perfect time to move (young, single)
-Have Carrie to go with who will be at least one friend, and she does her research, if I am going to ever move now would be the perfect opportunity
Cons of moving-
-Miss friends
-Give up clientele
-Moving sucks
-Miss having so many temples so close (especially SLC!)

Honestly if I get this job I want I will be making more money then I ever have, and I will actually be able to pay off some debts, and ACTUALLY save money, perhaps buy a new car! (heaven knows I desperately need one.) Life is a funny thing, I guess we shall see how it all plays out.

No comments: