Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Inspire me higher

Ipod shuffle is a magical thing! It can aggravate, enlighten, cheer, or soothe. One day I was shuffling it up, and they lyrics to the Lemuria song Yesterday's Lunch totally hit me! They ring with so much sad truth: " You never feel successful until all your friends have failed...Everyone wants more when there is only enough." 
These lyrics are so true! Why is it so hard to handle the success of others? The more others succeed the more it pushes us to succeed, and therefore makes the world work.It is so sad that our society, and even worse our "friends" are rooting for us to fail. Are we all climbing the latter in this rat race waiting for those around us to fall? Most of us have enough, we have amazing lives, and rich blessings, but we want more. How much more is there to give? I am a total advocate of fighting for what you want and making your dreams a reality, but not at the expense seeing everyone around me with less then they deserve.Is it really winning if everyone else fails?Just something random I thought about during and ipod shuffle sesh 

No comments: