Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Thanks for the lemonade

I have been trying to have a more grateful heart over the few years, and have used a few methods to help me become more conscious of how blessed my life really is. The first thing I did was last year I did 364 days of  having a Thankful Journal. I would write five things each day that I was thankful for. After I reached my goal of 1,820 things I was grateful for daily in the past year I kept going till the journal was full. 2,058 things filled my heart with gratitude last year. Some of those things were: Sunny days, art, pictures, cozy clothes, baths, lotion, tips, lazy days, pool time, chevrons, freedom, friends, iphone, advice, girl talk, pink ombre nails, pinterest, wifi, perspective, sales racks, Costco, Missy Higgins Pandora, education, lipgloss flashlight, smiles, hugs. Just to name a few, those were what filled my heart with thanksgiving, and helped me to realize that God loves me, he wants me to be happy.

This year, instead of recognizing God's hand, and thanking him, I have been thanking people who have taken the time to make my life easier. It has been so great! I have never been much of a thank you card kind of person, but it feels so good to receive thank you cards! I have been learning that it also feels great to send them! To recognize someone who did something they may have thought of as insignificant, but really affected my day. It has seriously been amazing to get feed back from people I have thanked!

I have a long path still ahead of me to discovering true gratitude, but I will continue to try daily to acknowledge those who have helped me along my way, and more importantly my heavenly father who blesses me with so much!

No comments: