Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

 

This clip made an amazing impact on the way I view trials! I have since been sharing it with others who have come to me with similar problems. This happens in our lives more frequently then not. It leads us to question if we are really following the spirit or not when things don't work out the way we think they should. I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven and I know he loves me, and he wants to show me in a way that I can understand what he wants for me, and my life. By going down the wrong roads as in this clip we can know 100% that that is not where we want to be. We can also know the right road once we have turned down the wrong path. I can't wait to "hear him say 'I told you with would be okay, I told you it would be alright.'" We just need to keep going down the path with as much faith as we can muster that God indeed knows us, he knows our struggles, and he knows what makes us happy. We are his children and he wants nothing more then for us to return to his presence. He also knows that we have to want to return to him, and we will not be happy in his presence if we do not truly want to be there. As much as that pains our beloved father he loves us so much that he is willing to let us make mistakes, test our wings, and try to forge our own paths. He sits quietly on the sidelines and waits for our return, just like the prodigal son when we finally do make the choice to return he orchestrates a feast and runs to us with open arms. He never gives up on his children. Our loving father in heaven does not want us to be lost or confused, and if we follow his amazing leaders, and look to the prophets and apostles we will never be led astray, and our questions will be answered.

No comments: