Thursday, November 27, 2008

You've been living your whole life in a seatbelt. Time to unclick!

Life in Provo has not come as easily as I had hoped it would. Somehow I just assumed that it would fall into my lap, and people would be lining up the door to be friends with me because my wonderful friends in Salt Lake boosted me so high that it seemed like I was a wonderful person! Well not that I'm not, but it's like people here don't know that. I'm hiding under some sort of invisible rock. Someone lift the rock!!! PLEASE!!!

Anyway things were really hard the first few weeks. It just seems so cliquey here! Like everyone is nice, sure, but they don't let you in. They just say hi to you in the hallways. It's all a show. I want real friends who I can call up just to talk, or vent. I want people in my life who want to come have game nights at the drop of a hat. I just love the feeling of knowing that people love you.

It is a little ridiculous that since I moved down here I haven't gone more than 2 weeks without coming to Salt Lake for one reason or another. haha. But I just want what I had. I guess it's true that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

On that note, I am sooo grateful for Breanna! Since we became friends we have had so much fun, and she has helped me to find my element, and become the person I was in Salt Lake. I love it!!! And I guess I was just thinking everything would happen as soon as I moved in, Happy Valley and all, but Spince brought up a good point. It took me 2 years to have what I had in Salt Lake. He said I need to give it at least 8 months.

It sucks picking up and starting over again, but it is good. It helps you learn. And it's what I convinced myself I wanted. I wanted to make new friends and have new adventures. I just know that I have to and will always make new friends, but keep the old, for one is silver and the other gold. Haha corny I know! But people LOVE corn! haha!

1 comment:

BandonRandon said...

how 'bout i make you a t-shirt that say "Hello, I'm Jessica and i am amazing! Will you be my friend?"