Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life goal: To dazzle and inspire!

Alright ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for.....JESSICA GOES SKYDIVING!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! First I will do a montage of pictures for your viewing pleasure documenting the adventure, then I'll share with you what was going through my head, and what it was like. AH! SOOOO freaking amazing!!!!



Signing our lives away!!!!!! First we had to pay $275, then sign 10 wavers saying that if we get hurt we won't sue, and if we die our family can't sue...yeah that's comforting!!!!! I love these people and I'm so glad that Jake, Tim, Tiff, Kim and I could go skydiving together! Not to mention Kim's wonderful Dad and uncle! :)



Me and Brian, my tandem guide...what did they call him...oh...yes..tandem master! haha. He was my tandem master....and he basically saved us from plummeting to our deaths by controlling all of the chute functions and making sure I did the right things at the right times.



Right before we hopped on right out of the plane...yeah that's right we jumped out of a perfectly fine plane...on purpose..and paid for it....crazy right?




And here is our 60 second free fall going 120mph. WOW! is all I can say!!! If you look closely my cheeks are like flailing around from the wind...and falling...haha but really did doesn't even feel like you are falling, it is just like you are sitting in front of a REALLY REALLY high powered fan! haha




Over the Salt Flats in Erda! AHHHHH!!! Look at us up there in the big blue! We are working with gravity to make fun!







The little SkyDiveUtah hut, and landing pad! YEAH!





Oh look! There's us coming in!!! YAY for land!!!!





And we made it! The first words out of my mouth were "oh my gosh, that was freaking awesome!!!!!!" haha yeah...basically twas!
Ok guys here's the skinny on skydiving....it is not at all what you imagine it to be. Yes I was scared out of my mind, and nervous, and freaking out, but it was all psychological! You basically just tell yourself that you're going to die, and asking why you ever thought this was a good idea. THEN you just do it...you close your eyes and jump out of the plane. It is the best stress releiver, and most exhilerating feeling in the world. You don't feel at all like you're falling. Just like you're above it all. In the air, one with nature...and oxygen.
I got to control the cute at times too! It was so cool!!!! We spun in circles, and before we deployed the chute we did backflips! WOW! It was just so cool. Once in a lifetime, daredevil experience checked off of my life long goal list. You only live once so might as well go on and live it!!!! OH guys!!! It was so amazing!!! I had the time of my life today, and I am so glad that Kim, Tim, and Jakithy were there to share it with me! I love you guys!!!!! :)

2 comments:

DalPal said...

FUN! Maybe I'll go next time. How many minutes after you jumped out of the plane did you reach your terminal velocity? (Just Kidding)

Jenn Davidson said...

OH MY GOSH HOBBS! you lived my DREAM! ahh jealous! that is so fun though!! Man, I didn't even know you had a blog :) how fun