Sunday, September 21, 2008

You done done it and you bet I felt it

I recently heard somewhere (crap...where did I hear it??? I read it? um I don't remember) that we are an over commited society! It is so true! People will say oh yeah, maybe I'll come to your party, come to find out another friend has a wedding that same day, and so they say oh yeah maybe I'll show up to that! In the end they are half committing to 3 or 4 things on the same day! Then when it comes time to actually follow through something else seemingly more important comes up, so they break all previous committments. One of my biggest petpeeves is being let down. I hate the feeling of not only waiting for someone, but the feeling you have when no one shows up. No call, no text, nothing. Why does this happen? Why do people let things go so far? If you say you'll be somewhere, be there. If you say you'll do something do it. It is not hard, we learned it in primary. Keep your commitments, be honest, ect.

I hate trying to plan a party knowing that 75% of the people who you invite will not come. and out of the 25% of the people that committed to coming 1 will show up on time. if that. out of the remaining percent of people coming 8 will have to leave early to go to another party, 5 will never show up, and 2 will be trying to get there as fast as they can and show up an hour before it is over.

I really just don't understand what is so hard about saying you'll be somewhere, and being there...on time. I guess this is the world in which we live.

No comments: