Thursday, September 22, 2011

No one can diminish you, but yourself

It is so scary how just one little letter can effect your entire day, and quite possibly your entire life!

I got a voicemail a few days ago informing me that there was a penny lawsuit being filed against me and that there were some sealed documents that I needed to receive. Panicked and trying to remember any time in my entire life that I had ever broken the law I had my co-worker listen to the message. She instantly said CALL THEM BACK! We were both terrified! I called back, and while upon later reflection I think it might have been a huge scam altogether, the man on the phone said "Is this Jessica J. Hobbs?" Instantly relief washed over me! "Actually this is Jessica M. Hobbs!" WHEW! One letter later he realized that he had the wrong Jessica Hobbs. How terrifying!

I hate that feeling! I never want to feel it again!!!

No comments: