Thursday, September 22, 2011

Proud of me, that's the only way I want you to be!

Why are people in the world so flaky? I started a dinner club as a fun little thing to do with friends, and it has become such a headache. The idea is simple. I text everyone on Sunday and let them know that the upcoming Thursday is dinner club what the theme is, and tell them to text me back if they are coming for an assignment. Already it's pretty simple all you have to do is respond a simple yes or no, and I do the rest! Assigning the food, making ride arrangements if needed, and even reminder texts Thursday afternoon (because people can for some reason never remember when they have committed to something they volunteer to do.). It's pretty simple!

Somehow still people don't respond, either ever, or until about two hours before dinner club starts, by then I have everything figured out and while my motto is "the more the merrier" it's a little inconvenient for something a dinner club where people are counting on other people to have the vital parts of a meal.

Of those who do respond even still two or three inevitably text two hours before and say they can't come. Okay...uh great, no problem we'll either just go without a salad, or I'll have to make it now. Do you see now why it's super annoying and totally rude to not RSVP and stick with it?

I completely understand that things happen, and that's fine, when someone invites you to a party fine, don't commit to show up. Come and go as you please, but this is totally different! People of the world make up your minds and BE RESPONSIBLE!!! Take charge of your life, make a commitment and stick to it!

Thank you. I now step down from my soapbox.

No comments: