Thursday, September 22, 2011

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."-Juliet




You hear your name, and your first impulse is to turn around. So you do. They aren't talking to you. You turn back around pretending that it didn't happen, when suddenly it happens again! You turn back with a smile..Once again, same name, wrong girl. Getting a little frustrated with the situation you vow not to turn around next time even if your curiosity gets the best of you. You have got to end these embarrassing moments! So five minutes later when you hear your name once again, with every fiber of your being you try to distract yourself, and this time the voice repeats your name louder. This angers you. Hello, you are trying SO hard to ignore this mistaken name, and your curiosity is popping out in every direction, what if they really are talking to you? Alas, you were mistaken twice before already, so you keep walking. Two minutes later your friend taps you on the shoulder looking quite annoyed, and insists she had been calling your name for the past two minutes...WOOOPS!
Jessica Simpson
Jessica Alba
Jessica Biel
Jessica Rabbit...I am completely surrounded!!!!
I just have to laugh when I'm in a group and for example there are two Kim's. One of the Kim's says "This is so confusing having two Kims!" To that I counter, um...really? Welcome to my life!
Just for a little break down there are:
8 Jessica's in my ward.
3 Jessica's in my apartment complex
I work with a Jessica at my salon and as the cherry on top I live with a Jessica...share a room in fact! So if you think your life is confusing when one time there is one other person with your same name, just think for one second about how it is to be a Jessica. :)
Thus the burden of a girl born in the 80's!

No comments: