Monday, May 26, 2008

I am like a donkey with a carrot dangling in front of me, just achieving my goals step by step

I guess it's time again for me to reevaluate my life. Basically I really need a new job, I also need to pick a place to go to school, and resultingly I need to find a new place to live. All of these needs are complacent on one decision: Cosmetology school. I have been so lazy about looking for one. I guess I have this mindset that things will work out. I know they will, but I need to start putting forth the needed effort to actually make these things in my life work out.

Here is the problem: I want to live in Provo, but Kaysville is a fraction of the price. So do I sacrifice social for monetary, or do I just take the financial plunge and live up my life in Provo while I'm still young? Seriously there are so many of my friends going to Provo! I want to be there too!!! At the same time I really want to just start over. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the friends I have made in Salt Lake. I know that we will be friends forever! The bonds we've made are closer than anything I've ever experienced.

I guess that's what college is about, and the old saying about how the friends you make in high school don't matter because the friends you make in college will be the ones you have the rest of your life is SOOO true! When I was in high school I didn't buy it, but it is so right!

Pro's and Con's list anyone?

School in Provo:
PROS-
1. lots of friends
2. more social interaction
3. better school
4. more people closer to my age

CONS-
1. more money
2. going into debt
3. strict BYU housing standards


School in Kaysville:
PROS-
1. saving money (no loans)
2. good enough school
3. living with Elan
4. freedom

CONS:
1. won't start over because too close to SLC
2. farther away from friends in Provo
3. not as many social things going on
4. housing concerns
5. work concerns

alright there you have it, all that is wracking my brain in an organized manner. haha I really just want to be a millionaire! Then I wouldn't even have to think twice about cosmetology school! I'd be in LA at Paul Mitchell! Hum..well if life were only perfect eh?

No comments: