Monday, May 26, 2008

Let the rain of what I feel right now come down

N-O: what is it about those two simple letters? They are even right next to each other in the alphabet, and I just can't manage to use them as much as I'd like. Possibly the easiest English sentence ever designed. It is often a child's first and favorite word. Why is it so hard to use?

There are so many times that I just want to say no. No I will not give you a ride, no you cannot borrow my things, no you cannot bail out, it is NOT ok. But for some reason I just can't do it, and the times that I actually muster up the courage to say it people get mad at me.

For example Rob got pissed at me because I said I wouldn't keep his table in my house, but why should I? Does he not realize how small my house is? How stupid it would look? He just doesn't get it, but he got mad at me for saying no, so of course I said I would find a place for it. It's just not fair, I mean I am all about helping out friends, but sometimes you just need to draw the line.

If you live CLEAR across town from me why would you even think about asking me for a ride?! How rude! I don't want to waste double the gas to go pick you up then take you wherever we're going and have to worry about bringing you back when we're done. On that same token I'd rather drive myself, by myself so that I don't have to worry about if weather you're having fun. People who don't have cars who constantly need a ride...eh whatev, I know how it feels, but or not a whatever we're doing.

I guess it's a selfish thing the word "no" but I just wish I could get a better use out of it.

No comments: