Monday, June 16, 2008

With stout hearts look ye forth till tomorrow

I am so grateful for people's willingness to serve! This weekend I had a crazy adventure! I had a reception to get to in Idaho, but there was NO way I was driving all the way to po dunk Rockland Idaho by myself because gas is so flipping expensive!!! So I was supposed to ride with Keli's sister Jeni, but she had a car full of gifts, so I ended up being poned off on Keli's best friend Brittanie. The first sign that it would be an adventure was the fact that as soon as we got in the car Brit got out and popped open the hood of her car to "check" things. SOOO...then we proceeded to walmart to buy antifreeze. We made it as far as Clinton, before her car overheated....We had to pull of to the side of the road in the middle of no where with no clue what to do!

So amongst mine and Brittanie's frantic calling of people this lady in a minivan pulled off to try to help us. Her name was Lindsey, and she was way nice! She didn't really know much more than we did, so she called her father in law and he happened to be right by the exit we were on. So he came and took a look, and decided that we should take the car to his friend's shop because there was no way we were getting to Idaho. So we followed Lindsey to Jerry's shop. Surprisingly there was a hottie in the shop! I can't remember his name...Ryan maybe. Anyways he was way cute! But things were looking on the downside!!!

We were still 2 hours away from Rockland and it was 5:00! Suddenly Lindsey saw Brittanie's bride's maid dress in the car hanging up, and she was like "oh my gosh are you a bride's maid?" and she was like "yeah we both are...." so then after a few minutes Lindsay said that she would drive us to Rockland! We were both like what? Are you sure!? It's like 2 hours!!! And she's like yeah, I have absolutely no plans tonight and I talked to my niece and she's down.

Brit was a little hesitant, but I was like what do we have to loose? She seemed nice, so I was totally down for it. So Brit called her mom, and her mom decided that she was going to start driving and meet us half way. So that is exactly what happened. Brit bough Lindsay gas, Lindsay bought us slurpees and skittles and then we were off! Britt's mom met us in Snowville, and drove like a mad woman to Rockland. It was so amazing! We made it to the church at 6:59 and the reception started at 7:00!

We hurried as fast as we could to rush and change, freshen our hair and make up, then off we went to mix and mingle! What an adventure eh?! The whole weekend was spent amongst the 318 people in Rockland Idaho! haha. It was pretty fun, but a little lonely because I didn't know anyone, and Keli and Kyle left after the reception, and then I was there with her family the rest of the night and Sunday. I loved them all though, they were so sweet!

Over all it was a great weekend, and it i so great to know that you can trust people still now a day, and that God is watching out for us!!!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

this is a freaking CRAZY story.

Sounds fun though.

Ellen Irion said...

Adventures are the best!! I'm lovin that story, sounds like one I'd love to catch some more crazy details about while on break at the LH!