Sunday, July 20, 2008

But it's dipping stuff in hot cheese with boring people!

I finally got a job. It's at a call center (not where I imagined my college degree getting me, but eh, it's just temporary.) It is soooo boring!!! I started out in training 3pm -12am, and it killed!!! I mean I didn't have to alter my life dramatically, I slept in anyway, but I had no social life whatsoever! That killed me! After 3 days I was like I need to change this!!! So I went and talked to my manager and begged to be changed to the early shift! So she switched me, and I was excited because Mike was in that shift! I'd have a friend! But he like fell of the face of the earth or something I guess he didn't show up the day before, and he hasn't been there sense. Weird! But now I work 7am-330pm...Mornings bite but sociality is much better and well worth it!I seriously had no idea how hard it was to wake up so early! Rob and I decided that to be at work at 10 would be perfect!!! Even 9 would be ok!!! :) At least it's more civil, seriously!!! You can't accomplish anything by waking up that early! And I have found that it kind of sucks because then I'm in bed by 11, which is good for me. I need to be on a normal sleep schedule, but come on! 11?!? Who does that!?! haha oh well it's all good.

So since training has been so boring I've been writing little stories, and notes. So far I've written an ode, stories, notes, pictures, budgeted my finances, and figured out loan stuff. It is quite useful! haha. Seriously though the call center is customer service for Verizon, and it is so complicated!!! When you have a problem with your phone I'll be the one you are calling!!! I am so nervous!!!
So I've met some interesting people in training too!!! I cannot tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "baby mama" Oh my heck! "And girl his baby mama was running outside hollering and hooting, with no shoes on! Can you believe that?!" Haha that is just an example. Seriously the rumors about West Valley are true! That is where a majority of these people are from. They all think they are gangster! It's crazy!

I can't wait till I get to quit, but at the same time I need the money SOOOO bad! :( I just hate money! It really is the root of all evil! It makes you go crazy!

No comments: