Saturday, February 2, 2008

Mr. Loveable

Soulmate-Natsha Bedingfield
Incompatible, it don't matter though
'cos someone's bound to hear my cry
Speak out if you do
you're not easy to find

Is it possible Mr. Loveable is already in my life? Right in front of me or maybe you're in disguise
Who doesn't long for someone to hold who knows How to love you without being told somebody tell Me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone


Here we are again, circles never end
How do I find the perfect fit
There's enough for everyone
but I'm still waiting in line

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

If there's a soulmate for everyone

Most relationships seem so transitory
They're all good but not the permanent one
Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

If there's a soulmate for everyone

So this song pretty much embodies my feelings at the moment. All of a sudden it's like I wake up and it's single awareness day for me! Liz has a boyfriend as of last night, and now I am the only single one in my apartment. And of course there's Rob and Erika. I mean I am so sick of all of my single friends pairing off! It makes me want a relationship for all the wrong reasons. Not for the relationship itself, no, but to keep up with my freinds and hang out with them without feeling awkward and like a 3rd wheel.

As Elyse so eloquently put it last night (in regards to a movement of music, but I am comparing it to hanging out with couples) They just lure you into a dark corner and then bite your head off! It's like they are saying oh yeah come hang out with us! We love you! We miss you! Then the whole time they are hugging, holding hands, kissing, and showing you everything that you long for, but don't have. Then they wonder why you don't want to hang out with them.

Don't get me wrong I am not against PDA, I know that if I had a boyfriend at the moment I would love holding hands and kissing, even if it was in public, but I guess it is just a hypocritical thing in me that it is just so awkward to see!!! Especially if it is just the three of you!

So that's basically all I have to say about that, but in other news Elyse's friend Whitney brought up a very valid point last night regarding rap music. The song was spelling "independent" And she was like what is up with rap songs teaching us how to spell??? lol that is so true!!! Think of how many songs you know that they spell out something, Fergie's-Glamerous, even Natasha Bedingfield's-Angel. Just something for you to chew on. :)

1 comment:

Elyse said...

don't forget the classic Gwen Stefani's "bananas."