Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hate that I love you

Can you believe it another 10 days has just flown by! Once again I have a list of blogs to write! haha it's like i hold off so long that I just need a good blogging purge to set my mind at ease and make my life complete! Let me just tell you a bit about my day. It was quite remarkable, full, busy, exciting, adventurous, blessed, and fruitful!

So first let me start with the irony that comprised of yesterday's eve. SOOO first of all I am so excited because I extended my gym membership to every day instead of only 3 days a week for only $9. And the guy is so full of crap! He was like well you need to do it today because the offer isn't good after 8pm or something. And he was like "and I'm not lying" and really I wasn't even thinking about it until he said it, then I was like YES YOU ARE! (in my head of course!) So he's like ok come back in like a half hour with your wallet. And I was thinking...well what would you do if I came back tomorrow, but I was like well why not, so I did. ANYWHO....

So after FHE which was fun! We played kickball! That is so 6th grade and I loved every minute of it! Then we played on the marry-go-round! That's right! And swings!!! Then sat at the top of this giant hill that over looked the city lights! It was a perfect night! After the perfection we decided to go to Spencer's to play Rock Band (I am getting a not so cute obsession for that stupid game!!!) But alas his brother was watching a movie, so we decided to go see Juno at the dollar, and I want to see it so bad so I was excited.

Well long story short Sarah's car pretty much gave up the ghost, so we missed that movie, but ended up seeing 27 Dresses, for the third time. Lol I really do love that movie though!!! So after the movie Spence and I got into a friendly little discussion sharing our opposing oppions about the movie. IE:
He said it's so not fair that the guys have to always lie to the girl in movies, that is not reality, and all of this other stuff that he was really passionate about...so passionate that I was so scared I stopped listening, and made faces with Sarah!
I said that I loved how it was a real life situation! There is always someone prettier than you who steals your man! And sometimes they are even close to you...a sister, or like a sister! So real!

Ok you ready? Here comes the irony. So I get this text from Rob half way through the movie saying "Dude sorry I didn't text back I was in the theater. I just saw Juno! SOO GOOD!" Wow that is so funny because if things had gone according to plan I would have been in that very same theater! WEIRD!!!!

Another weird occurrence from yesterday...So earlier I totally spaced that I didn't have work, and then I remembered when I pulled into the parking lot and it was virtually empty. So I texted by boss (or so I thought) Tim Perkins and said "we don't have work right?" So latty dauh, went about my day, assumed we didn't since he never texted back and went on with my great day. Then at like 10 I get this text from Tim Pierson! Tim is on a mission....in Ghana!! I was so confused and it just said simply "right" I was SOOOO utterly confused!

Luckily I own a blackberry so I could see what I wrote and at that moment I realized that I accidentally sent the text that was supposed to go to my boss to the wrong Tim P! I mean just look at the names, simple mistake. But the weird thing wasn't that I made a mistake, the odd thing was that I got a text back!!! What the F-bomb!?!? So I inquired more of this mysterious texter, obviously it wasn't Tim, but who had his phone? And could it be possible that it was him? I know he has been sick and being threatened with being sent home....Ah! Mind boggling.

Anywho never really got any concrete answers on that one, but isn't that just so crazy!?!?! Now I want to know where exactly in the world is Tim Pierson! So sorry if you are getting bored, you may stop here if you want, but you might regret it when you realize that you missed out on hearing about my day today!! I talked to Rob in the car about it from the moment I got in to 5 minutes after we picked up Erika in Midvale...haha

So last night I actually went home at a decent time, and by decent it was like 12:30 AM. It was so hard, I wanted to stay and hang out, I had to peel myself away! :( But it was worth it when my alarm sounded at 7:15 feeling like a dream. So I got dressed, and headed out to face the world! I subbed for Jacklin Elementary's kindergarten. First of all when I was half way there I realized that I did not allow myself time enough to be there 15 minutes early...woops! Then it took for freaking ever to find because it was hidden in the middle of all of these dead end neighborhoods.

After about the 6th wrong street I finally happened upon the right one! Then I got there and turns out the kindergarten has it's own building! Weird! So I proceeded to trek onwards. Reaching my destination, I had to immediately let the kids in because I was a bit late, not giving myself any time to read the lesson plan for the day! While they entered I briefed myself on the first task. It was so crazy! I relied on those 6 year olds so much! "where is the CD player?" "what do I do when this happens?" ect. haha It was fun though, but annoying because I had about 4 kids who DID not get the worksheets! And all they had to do was count to 20!!! I wanted to be like ARE you kidding me...1-2-3!!! Come on the next number is 3!!!! But of course, that was not appropriate.

I guess it was just eye opening to me because I just assume everyone knows simple things like the alphabet, numbers and writing their names. Guess you gotta start somewhere, and kindergarten seems like it would be just the right place to do so. Moving along, there were 2 girls who did not speak english and wanted help. That was difficult! Good thing I knew my numbers in Spanish! Soon I just gave up trying English, and started being like uno, dos, ????Tres! si! haha Thank goodness for Spanish 2 in high school!!!!

So Jason and Sebastion were a hand full and a half! They were crazy!!!! But other then that the kids were pretty good. I had some very odd names, like Deshawn, Eglebuo, Nercey, Eber, and that's all I can think of at the moment. Recess was interesting! First of all the play area is pebbles!!! How dangerous is that?!?! I had 2 injuries in the 10 minutes we were out there! What happened to good old fashioned sand or wood chips?! Pebbles! OUCH! I had to empty my shoes after recess because I had so many rocks in them!

So the first injury was the saddest and closest to my heart. Poor shy Kevin somehow fell head/chest first off of the high monkey bars, I didn't even see it but someone came and told me. The poor kid had the wind knocked out of him, but I'll give him major props, he was tough! He didn't cry, he just looked really pitiful, hurt and sad. I was like oh my heck! He had rock dust all over his face, his hand was bleeding, and he was in a lot of pain!

I didn't know exactly what to do at that moment because I was the only teacher on recess duty so I couldn't just leave the 40 kids to wreak havoc while mending Kevin, so I just had him come sit with me the rest of recess. He was so quiet! Then when we went inside I cleaned and bandaged up the wound. It's funny because with most kids you just give them a hug and a band aid and they are good to go in like 10 minutes, but poor Kevin...all day he just sat with his head on his desk, in pain. :( It was so sad!

The second injury was this girl from the other class comes over hysterically crying and bleeding!!! Some other kid had to tell me what happened because she was so hysterical she could not speak! I still don't really know what happened, but I just sent her to her teacher's classroom, to let her deal with it. So yeah, very interesting day to say the least. There were some strange kids at that school.

Right after that I had to immediately rush to the LH. I told Patti that I could be there at 12 and the lunch was being served at 12, so it was really pointless and I had to leave at 2, but she really needed me, so I did it. It was a sweet lunch. So I got there, helped clear salads, and did dinners, then went on break! The coolest part of the lunch was that I got to server Elder Bednar!!! It was simply amazing. The way he looks and sounds on TV for conference is exactly who he is! It was so cool!!!

After 2:00 rolled around, I rushed over to the big JE...Jackson Elementary to head up my after school program. OH my heck, the kids were wild and crazy today! I made the HUGE mistake of bringing play dough! BAD idea! Within 15 minutes the floor was covered in pink, green, and purple specks, and the kids were using balls of dough as projectiles to inflict pain upon each other. Edwardo had about 10 time outs!!! He was horrible today!!!

So after yelling and screaming at them to not play, but clean up, someone informs me that Roberto is crying. (that kid gets hurt more than anyone I know!!!! He is tough though! He cries for like 5 minutes, then gets back out there and plays again) Apparently Vincent decided it would be a brilliant idea to shove dried play dough in Roberto's eye! Yeah...he was wrong! It caused this HUGE purple bruise on Roberto's eye lid. Then Vincent had the audacity to call Roberto a baby for crying! I just lost it! I was like Vincent come here right now! Look at Roberto's eye! It's purple because of what you did! He is not a baby! You hurt him!!! And then Vincent realized what he did, and apologized, but oh my heck! KIDS!!!

Then the nice day went to pot and it started snowing and made me sad inside!! BUT then after Kelijean and I jammed to my current fav. song (check blog title ;)on the way home from work, I ate great left overs from Typhoon, and then went to see 21 with Rob and Erika. It was so intense and good! SEE IT! WELL! That is all of the excitement that has happened to me in the past 2 days! I am sorry it was sooo long!!! :)

No comments: