Sunday, April 20, 2008

Good things take time

Why is all of the chit chat surrounding me about getting married lately? We just had stake conference and they were like get married! Well duh! We all want to get married, but it is not like it's an easy decision to make!!! Good things take time! I am not going to just rush into a HUGE thing like my eternal salvation with my eyes closed! I am not going to get married just because it is the thing to do at the time! That is ridiculous! I want to go on dates, I want to serve a mission, I have things to do in my life and at this point getting married is just not what's in store for me. Of course in a few years I expect this to change, but seriously, stop pushing me!!! This Utah environment is what does it! In a singles ward in Oregon it would not be like this. UGH! I just want to get up there and be like look president! We're trying! That is why we are in a singles ward! If you really want to make a change get those stupid boys to ask us out! That is really the problem! Boys just don't have guts to ask the girls they like out! WHY? I don't understand! On that note, what makes some girls more date able then others. Some people go on dates every week, some once a month, and some not at all. Why is it so variable? Complicated, and awkward! I mean if a guy is willing to pull out your chair, hold open your door, and let you go first, why can he not ask you out?

No comments: