Sunday, April 20, 2008

IS chivalry dead????

I love being treated like, well a girl. I love it when boys do things like pull out chairs, open doors, let me go first, ect. It literally makes me go weak at the knees, but it hardly ever happens anymore so much that when it does happen I don't know exactly how to act or what to do! It's so sad that our society is diminishing so much that a chivalrous act almost always goes unnoticed, is demeaned, or not praised. It makes me feel so special when gentlemen do things like that for me. I mean what girl doesn't want to be treated with that kind of respect!? Even if it's just me and a friend taking a walk, and he moves to the side of the side walk where the cars are, it just makes me smile. :) I want to instill in my children the drive to treat women with respect. For all of you boys who already treat women like this hats off to you! For the rest of you, take notes! Girls love this stuff!!

I do not understand those women who discourage men from doing acts of chivalry. When a woman says, I can open my own door, or pay myself, or drive everywhere, it is like a total rejection! It makes me so sick! Why would you ever want to be so selfish to deny someone the privilege of showing you how much you are loved?

I want to feel like a princess who needs saving, and looking after. I am a very independent person, but at the same time I want to be dependent on someone! Sometimes it's so frustrating because when we are sitting so close, I just want to hold his hand, or cuddle, or lay my head on his shoulder, or just scratch his back or play with his hair, but that would be so out of character, I have to just hold back, and let the moment pass. In that sense I really need a knight in shining armor to come save me. I believe that it is the duty of the boy to make moves, and ask girls out. So many boys are shirking in this duty!

It makes me so sad! I just want to be like here I am date me!!! My pleas seem to go unnoticed. Someone please find me a romeo, find me a knight in shining armor to shimmy up my long golden locks of hair and rescue me from the tall dark tower. Man I am a sucker for a good fairy tale!!! Too bad fairy tales aren't my reality! I think I should have been a medieval princess so that people could fawn over me, treat me chivalrously, and well like a princess.

No comments: