Sunday, August 10, 2008

And that has made all the difference

Many are called, but few are chosen, as the famous scripture mastery goes. But why is that? Why can't all who are called be chosen? Why can only a few be chosen. Why is it when things get rough do people give up, and loose hope? I suppose it is part of human nature to give up. I mean it is easy. And it reminds me of my favorite poem.






ROAD LESS TRAVELED

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference


Robert Frost



Anyway back to the point. Wouldn't it be so amazing if everyone that was called was chosen? I mean think of all of the wonderful people in your life. Think of the silent leaders sitting behind you in class, rooming with you, or even the girl who you don't know that always smiles at you. I can just imagine and army rising of people who are so great, and good leaders rising from the dust. :) I just love feelings like that!

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Have you ever stopped to consider that in the poem it never actually specifies if he chose the "right path" or the "wrong path"? It never actually says...just says that whichever he chose made all the difference...but we don't actually know if it was for the positive or the negative...church people always just assume it was for the positive....but it doesn't say!

I have beef with Robert Frost in the afterlife....