Sunday, August 10, 2008

I woke up it was 7 I waited till 11 just to figure out that no one would call

So random thought! I was thinking about curse words. So who is to decide what words are bad! I mean words are words, we made up their meanings, but who says that certain words are bad. I think it is all the context that we use them in. I mean if I am being a jerk, and trying to offend you, then yeah...you'll be offended whether or not I use profanity or not, but then all of a sudden a drop a certain word, and it is shockingly horrific! I mean not that I do that. This all came to me when I was driving, and this really good Linkin Park song came on, and it has a choice word in it. But I LOVE the song! Whatado!?

1 comment:

BandonRandon said...

Society decides which words are "bad." I found this to be true a few years back when I was an intern at a Theatre company and we had a touring group of Irish dancers came to the theatre they dropped the f-bomb every other word but i knew things got serious when one used the word "bloody" and there was a tense moment. In that society that word is offensive. Years ago in the US using the word "crap" was offensive. Times change, swear words change, I think swearing in the church is an interesting thing. I've heard about a billion theroys on if Christians should be able to swear.

Just my two cents.
<3 BRD