Sunday, August 10, 2008

They slept on the beach until they see the morning come, life was over before it'd begun

Ok so I was contemplating the song by Kelly Clarkson that goes "because of you, I never strayed too far from the sidewalk.." and I was thinking, is that a good thing, or a bad thing? I mean good because if you stay close to the sidewalk, I imagine it as staying on the straight and narrow path, and keeping close to following the right. But on the other hand seriously how are you ever going to learn anything new if you don't take risks and stray a little from the sidewalk. Like personally I think turned out pretty good, but I definitly strayed a little away from my parents shelter. But not too far...hum just some food for thought!

1 comment:

Elyse said...

In the context of the song I think that it is a bad thing. If you listen to the next line "Because of you I stay on the safe side so I don't get hurt." And basically just the rest of the lyrics, it's a bad thing. Because of her "parent" she's scared to live her life...and that's basically the moral of the song.