Monday, August 4, 2008

And we're gonna fall in love tonight, underneath the Orange County sky...

I just love my ward!!! Oh my heck! Tonight was one of the funnest nights of my life! I just have to document it!!! :) First of all Cynthia and I created the best bday gift ever for our dear Michelley! We got her a present for every letter in her name, then made little sentences for each one! Oh it was grand! I love it! Then for FHE we had a huge pool party at Mark H's house! It is so awesome! It overlooks the entire valley! It is amazing! It happens to be right under the U. Literally...it is in his back yard! Annette had the idea that we should scale the weed filled mountain to go sit on the U and take pics of our glorious adventure!!! So being the brave pioneers we are we set off in flip flops, shorts and tee shirts with swimsuits underneath!!!

It was seriously hard! but the hardest part was getting down without sliding down the entire way!!! Flip flops weren't the best idea! haha. But it was so fun, and we had some major bonding time! Poor Greg slid the entire way down!! ahhh!!!! We made it with a few splinters, and quite dirty feet, legs and hands! But it was so amazing! AND now I can proudly say that I have hiked to the U! YAY!

So then pool party time!!! Somehow a playful game of keep the ball away from Spencer turned into full on girls vs boys full contact keep away!!! It was the most intense game ever, but also the best thing that has ever happened!!! Imagine 6'something Greg and me trying to take the ball away from him! That is basically how it was the entire night!! The girls literally climbed up the boys to try to get the ball. I cannot tell you how many times we were dunked, flipped, hit, stepped on, kicked, ect. But it was the best time ever!!! So exciting that I have to document it before I slumber!

I am still so pumped from it!!! I love everyone in my ward that makes events like these so fun!!! Seriously! I have the best ward, and I am going to miss it so much in a month!!! :(













No comments: