Saturday, August 23, 2008

Burried in a shallow grave

Ok guys...ready for a story. Another tramatic life event...are you ready? Are you? Are you?

So long story short, some guys broke into our house, and stole my laptop on Monday morning!!!

Ok long story:
I was in my car changing my CD before I pulled out, and it was about 7:12 Am. I was carpooling with Rob, so I left a few minutes early. Then I saw these guys riding bicyles, and I had this horrible feeling to lock my door in my car. So I did, and I watched the guys ride by. They kept riding, so I thought oh ok. That's all. Then in the time it took me to get to Rob's house (which is like 4 blocks away) April called me freaking out that we had been robbed!!!

It was all like a dream. Rob hopped in the car trying to talk to me, but I could not focus on anything but April. Once Rob heard key words like robbed, and cops, and computer, he stopped trying to find out what was going on. I called 911 as soon as I hung up with April. The police were at the house before too long dusting for prints, and questioning April. Then they called me to question me as well. It was sooo hard to focus on work that day! I kept getting calls from the police and April all day.

So what had happened is we figure they had been stalking us for a while because as soon as I left they figured the coast was clear because Sabrina had left, and April's car was on the other side of the street so it looked like I was the last one to leave. (at 7:12 AM! I know right! Who breaks in that early!!!) We leave the bathroom window which is ground level open a crack, and they ripped the screen, and slid the window open, threw all of our bathroom stuff outside and in the tub, and hopped down into the tub.April says she heard rustling around, but just figured it was me, or Sabrina. So then the guy start looking in the bedrooms, and luckily hers is the first bedroom, so the guys open her door, and she sees this guy standing in her room, and she moved a bit, and hears him go oh crap! Then he runs off and she saw this guy starting to open Sabrina's door too, and they both ran off. I figure they saw my computer sitting on the lovesac right by the door, so just grabbed it on their way out.

So then April wakes up a bit, searches for her phone, but can't find it, then she runs after them! haha, yeah! She ran after them! She gets to the street and sees these 2 guys on bikes and one has my lap top in his had, and she yells "what are you doing??" and one yells back "we're taking your lap top! What does it look like?" and they keep riding off. April is so funny, she tried to follow them in Jake's truck, but they were gone.

What a horrible thing! Someone BROKE into our house! And STOLE my laptop!!! First of all it sucks!! All of my pictures, all of my music, everything! And I had things online to sign in automatically so I had to change my passwords to everything online just to be safe.

More than just getting my lap top stolen I felt violated! I mean, not only did someone steal my things, which is enough to feel violated, but they broke into my house! I could not believe it. I have never once felt unsafe since I moved away from home and the protection of my parents until then. Tuesday night was so hard to sleep! April and I kept freaking ourselves out! Then in the morning I heard this bang and immediately thought the girls upstairs were getting robbed.

Hopefully the thiefs would not be stupid enough to try to rob us again, but I cannot help but be parinoid. I am glad I'm moving! But at the same time, seriously what kind of person breaks into someone's house and steals things! I just cannot believe it still. Who does that?!?!

This actually brought us as roommates together closer. I mean of course it would, but it's funny how tradegies bring people together. Ok for real! I have no hopes of ever getting my computer back, but it really sucks! All of my memories, and treasured songs are gone. :( Gone forever. I have absolutely NO money to buy a computer, so I have to just wait.

One thing that makes me laugh is the stupid criminals didn't take the new wireless mouse I bought. The mouse on the comp. itself is really crappy, and doesn't work. So haha suckas!!! ;)

No comments: