Wednesday, January 2, 2008

And another one bites the dust


Man I have all of these good ideas for meaningful blogs then I go to actually blog and I totally forget! UGH! Usually inspiration hits me right as I am crossing state street under the seagull archway. Then somewhere in between the remaining half block to the office and the elevator ride to the 16th floor I loose all inspiration and forget! haha I am trying to mentally take myself to that intersection right now, but it isn't working! :( I have discovered that I am kind of rude and not very patient. When someone annoys me I do all that is in my power to avoid them...like the plague! Not even kidding! There is a mentally handicapped guy in my ward who is very loud, obnoxious, exuberant, touchy, and over-all annoying as heck! So where as everyone else greets him with a warm friendly "HEY DAVE!" Which usually is proceeded by a HUGE bone crushing hug from this huge man, I avoid eye contact and hope the awkwardness will evade me. So if that isn't bad enough, When other people are humoring him I am just thinking to myself (and sometimes out loud) why are they still letting him hug them, or link arms...pull away! How rude right?! I don't know what is wrong with me! Another thing I don't have a lot of tolerance for is dirty/smelly/grungy people. When I see a homeless person on the street I instantly think, "ew! sick!" Instead of charitable thoughts, I wonder why they would ever let themselves get to that point where they are stinking up South Temple from east to west! I mean I will donate my old clothes to you! Please just take care of yourself. Is that rude? Sometimes I think I am just not as Christ-like as I should be. But how do you go from an "ew!" mentality to a "you are awesome...but smelly"...oops I mean "you are a child of God" mentality. How can you have unfailing love for someone who you not only don't know, but whom the very thought of makes you throw up in your mouth? Ok so that was a little dramatic, but you get my point. I just can't find it in myself not to criticize outfits, hairstyles, penciled eye brows, ugly shoes, ect. Maybe I am too critical. Hum. Who really knows, but I guess my view is just that I take care of myself, so you should too. Is that so much to ask? Am I way off base here? Do I assume that society is a step above what it really is? Or is it all in me? Should I be the one changing. Tolerating more, criticizing less, loving more, judging less. What do you think? How are you personally? Are you a super nice person who lets smelly, obnoxious people think you are friends, or do you tell it like it is?

No comments: