Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Scarfs, hats, and gloves oh my!


When it comes to changing seasons I am pretty much a brat. If it's not summer I don't like it. Fall...ew! Winter...SICK!! I don't like it when it rains, snows, or does anything besides shine with rays of golden sun. Let me break it down for you...

Spring-

*Rainy/wet
*Mostly pleasant

*Flowers blooming

*Things growing

*Influx in bugs!!! :(

Summer-
*Warm

*Glorious out doors activities

*Green grass
*Pleasant smells
*Longer nights

*Clear streets

*Able to travel easily

*Able to hit up the beach

*Roll down the windows/sunroof and feel the breeze in your hair

Fall-

*Rainy

*Leaves falling, making everything look ugly and the ground cluttered
*Days start getting shorter
*Cold starts to set in


Winter-

*SNOW (this deserves it's own break down!!!)

*Wet

*Cold

*Necessary to carry ice scraper

*Foggy in the car

*Slippery
*Must bundle up to go anywhere(then un-bundle when you get inside!) *Have to wear closed toed shoes
*The winter makes you lazy
*Makes you want to sit inside and drink hot chocolate while watching movies, and it's ok
*Days are short

*Roads are torturous


Alright now that I have hammered all of that out, I think I have experienced a slight change of heart. Do the changing seasons mean a change in heart?

One day as I was walking to my car mid November in the middle of a rain storm I thought to myself..."self, the rain isn't that bad....it's kind of refreshing!" So then I began to appreciate the rain. I just stood there happily walking in the rain. It was exquisite.


The same realization came with winter this year. All of my years of complaining, and suddenly I realized that I LOVE wearing coats, boots, scarfs and gloves. I love sledding, building snow men and snow ball fights! What a wonderful time of year it truly is! Although there are many down sides to the changing seasons I think I can handle it. I think I can get through it and enjoy what life offers until summer comes. :) Jolly winter to you all!

No comments: