Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Team Awesome!


I have realized that people work so much better when they function as a team, and feel like a part of something! I witnessed something amazing at work the other day. I witnessed a change in people! At work, normally people don't apply themselves more then they have to. They do their job, and do it well,(sometimes) but no more. Well one Wednesday night after a long hard day at work and a prior job, I was feeling quite tired. As were the other two girls on my room, Ellen mentioned that she didn't even want to come to work that day!

Well mishap after mishap occurred, and somehow we remained jolly through them all! First I was late because I was held up at my prior job, then our room wanted to start a half hour late, then that half hour turned into an hour. But Elizabeth, Ellen, and I just kept finding good things to do. I made a clearing diagram, and we had so much fun doing it, picking which tables we would each clear, and further assignments after clearing, ect. Then I was inspired to write "We rock!!! The end!" On the diagram, good thing I did because that inspired a change and boost in team work that I have never before witnessed.

Suddenly we were part of a team, we were self proclaimed cool kids. The trick is not in proclaiming it, but acting like it and getting others to believe it. For the rest of the night the girls and I had SO much fun! We each maintained a positive and helpful attitude. Helping each other as well as those around us. We would simply proclaim "well it's because we're awesome! We're team awesome!"

As silly as this was, and it was becoming quite silly, we continued to keep our spirits up, our teamwork boosted, our moods were enlightened, and those around us were squinting out of slight jealous eyes. I had the feeling that most of the girls there that night were wishing they were on my room, so that they could have as much fun as us. It felt great!

We plowed through our room, conquering mishap after mishap (like resetting spoons/fork right as we were serving dessert, and trying a new clearing technique of pouncing the table all at once, and speed clearing) Everything we did worked out so well. Everything that could have turned out in disaster, and frustration ended up being so great, fun, and something to talk,and joke about later.

I had so much fun that night and so did the girls that I worked with.Team awesome, wherever you are, we rock!!! (we even made up a handshake at the end.) These girls are just so amazing we even started finishing each other's sentences, and saying things at the same time, Liz and I started singing the SAME song at the SAME time! And time after time Ellen and I were saying the same words to describe things! We all just have the same kind of sense of humor and it made the night go so smoothly! It was hilarious! I love the Lion House employees! :)

No comments: