Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The little green monster underneith my skin


The little green monster that lies beneath my skin
It haunts me and beacons me to hasten to it's command
It makes me see the world through green tinted glasses
It causes contention, hostility, and anxiety
This little companion of mine forbids me to live a peaceful life
Instead I am plagued with wonder, doubt and thoughts of inevitable deceit
Why does he not leave me for a time and allow me to live a life full of joy and friendship instead of weighing down my thoughts and actions?
He makes me crazy with rage, and forces unwanted feelings and conversations to ocur
When is enough enough?
When can I be happy once more?
When can I feel joy in my friend's happiness instead of negativity and wonder about the unhappy outcome
Please rid me of this unwanted guest before I ruin everything I hold dear
I am slipping farther and farther out of control
Every touch, every laugh, every flirty adverb makes me cringe with jealousy
What am I gaining from this?
I am not in envy of the shiny things of life,
no
I am in enraged with thought of replacement, hurt feelings and wrong decisions those I love are making
Why do I feel this way?
Why can't I just live and let live?
Jealousy, envy. Why oh why do you plague me?

No comments: