Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Endless Cycles of Life


Have you ever stopped to think how many endless cycles life is comprised of? Do right now, take a second to think about how many mundane things you do over and over daily! For example:

Dishes...last night as I was tackling the enormous mound of dishes I was scrubbing away singing to the radio, and I thought...Wow I am getting so much accomplished! I am making the kitchen so clean by this simple task! At the end of my service, I thought wow! Not a single dirty dish! Then after doing the dishes for an hour I was thirsty!!! Ironically, doing the dishes made me thirsty and suddenly the cup I used to get a drink made one more dirty dish! And when I get home from work I am sure there will be many more dirty dishes. It is just and endless cycle

No matter how hard you work, or how often you do the dishes, they will still keep getting dirty every day.

Laundry is the same way. Throughout the week my room is a disaster area! There are clothes on every square inch of carpet! Then Saturday I will start to clean and separate my laundry and wash it all and put everything away neatly in my closet, then by the time I'm done with my laundry I get cold! So I grab a clean sweat shirt. Then bang! As easy as that...dirty clothes...And of course as the night progresses I change into my pj's and by next Saturday my room looks like a tornado hit it again.

It is so interesting how no matter what we do, the cycles never seem to change. We can control how heavy they are. Like I can try to change outfits less in one day, or use less dishes for a meal, and that will effect the number of dishes that I have to do, or clothes we have to wash, but either way I'll still be doing dishes, and washing laundry.

Another cycle is taking a shower and brushing your teeth. If you think about it, we take a shower to be clean for the day. So then the day ends and you have to do it all over again. Same with your teeth! And this is one that really bugs me! Ok so I eat dinner...then a few hours later I brush my teeth...they feel all sparkley and clean, then someone brings me a cookie..I eat it and then my teeth feel gross again, so I have to brush AGAIN before bed. Now I am not suggesting anything that promotes bad hygiene mind you, I just find it interesting how we mundanely go through the various cycles of life.

What else??? Ok so this is a big one with me...writing in my journal! So I'll write in my journal then get all caught up, and feel so good...then the next day so much will happen, and I say, oh well I'll wait till tomorrow, then more happens and more and more, and suddenly 2 months later I am too overwhelmed to write because it will take me three days straight to catch up on all that has happened, and even if I had been writing daily, it is still a cycle. You write to get caught up, then you do get caught up, then suddenly 20 minutes later you aren't anymore more happens that you need to write down.

Another silly cycle is this stupid rubber band ball I started. So when I first got hired at Pace & Schmidt, there was a mess of rubber bands! I didn't know what to do with them all! So I decided to start a rubber band ball just to clean up a bit, and every day with the mail there are 2 new rubber bands! So every day when I get them all slapped on the ball and there are no rubber bands...the next day at 1pm there are 2 more, so I keep slapping them on...cycle....

What cycles do you see in your daily life? Any worth sharing? This really interests me for some reason...leave your cycle as a comment! :) Love you guys...thanks for reading my nonsense!

No comments: