Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lessons learned


List of things I have learned:

*People will do what they want and there is nothing you can do about it. You simply have to live and let live. If someone does something you don't agree with or do not like, you don't have to sit in quiet agony wishing it will go away! Get up and do something about it! You can make decisions within yourself to change, but you can't make other people change, nor can you change for others without changing who you are. To be truly happy you have to learn who you are and be happy with that.

*Don't get mad and offensive when others purposely want to offend you. It only gives them the satisfaction of knowing that you are as mad as they thought you would be. If you play it cool, don't get mad, and contrarily be super nice and understanding they will see the error of their ways (whether they admit it or not) and realize that it is they who are in the wrong, acting immaturely, and who should be seeking forgiveness.

*Laughter is the best medicine. When I am down I turn to my friends. They are the best! The ones that make me laugh are the best kind to have! I laugh really easily and it is such a blessing! I am always seeing the funny side of life. I love scarcasm (probably too much). I love just totally making fun of people, or yourself in 3rd person. It just makes me laugh so hard! Laughing is probably my favorite sport! It is so fun, you make memories and it's free! No equipment necessary! haha

*Good friends are hard to come by and irreplaceable. I have had to lean on my friends old and new so much getting through things these past few months! I have learned who I can go to and who I can trust with my deepest secrets, and who I can just have fun with, and also those who will just let me down and dissapoint me! As sad as that is, it is true!

*I can handle the truth! Most people can't handle the truth, but I have learned that I can.it is not always easy to change your perspective. Sometimes it hurts,
and sometimes it is NOT what I want to hear, but I do appreciate it when some makes me step back and not only see things from a different perspective, but when they tell me the brutal honest truth! I respect them so much more! I have one friend who exemplifies this quality! He always tells me his REAL opinons on things and doesn't sugar coat it because he is afraid of hurting my feelings. I mean don't get me wrong I think it's cool that you are trying to protect me, but I won't get all offensive if you tell me the truth. I will take it and run with it. Find ways to improve. I would rather know the truth and feel horrible because it hurts then be running around doing something that is totally stupid and making mistakes that could be avoided by your experiences. I LOVE advice! It helps me make decisions whether I adhear to what you say or not.

*
I need people. Without my friends I would have not gotten through these recent challenges! I really appreciate those of you who have been there for me in my times of need. You know when I just need to vent and hear that I am unjustifiably right! It really warms me heart and soul when I call someone up needing to talk and they not only hear me and give me advice, but show me that they are always there for me! THANKS!

*
I am stronger than I ever thought I was! I haven't realized until just recently that my life has been a peice of cake!!! Last year my only drama was Rob's drama! lol. This year has been small challenge after small challenge until the recent ultimate challenge! It has been incredibly hard, stressful, aggrivating, unexplainable, and perplexing to say the least! I have handled everything in a way that I still am proud to say that I live my life with no regrets. I did the best I knew how in each situation. I forgave and moved on. I did not make myself "stuck" in the situation, I made my life work for me! I made sure I was comfortable and I was taken care of first. I never knew I had it in me!

*
I have matured over the past year. There is so much I have learned and overcome! A year may not seem like a long time at all, but somehow I have matured a ton! I have learned a lot about people! Getting along with people is one of the most important skills one can master, and although I do not claim to have done so, I feel that I am a jedi knight in mastering that skill! ;) I am getting closer with each trial and argument. I am learning that I will not always get my way and I am NOT always right. I have been humbled in more than one situation and even those regarding my language by a mexican! haha. I think that I deal with it pretty well too!

*
Sometimes it's ok to be selfish. When your own mental health is at stake be selfish! Do what you need to be happy! I have not been happy in my current situation, and I am MOVING! YAY! It could not be a better solution. At first I thought of it as running away from my problems, but I have realized (through the help of certain people) that I am not quitting, giving up, or running away! I am moving on! I did all I knew how to do, to make myself feel secure, but nothing worked, therefore I had to get out and leave those who create drama, to create more in which I am not involved.

*
Sometimes you know in your gut what is best for you! One thing about getting advice is that sometimes people think one thing is best for you, but honestly they have no clue! Only you can decide what is best for you! I think I have become really good at that! I LOVE getting advice, sometimes I don't agree with it, but it gives me different perspectives and helps me realize that not everything is the way I think it should be at the time. Things change, people change, and opinions may change. It is not the advice, but what you do with it that matters. Most recently my mom had tried giving me advice, and I did NOT agree with it! It was totally the opposite thing I thought I should do! At first I let it affect my decisions to an extent and went against my gut and laxed my search of house hunting, then subsequential things happened and I suddenly found myself in a position that the only thing to do was pay more money to move into a better environment. For my mom's point of view it was not worht the extra cost, but in my mind the cost was nothing compared to the mental health I will be restoring! I know what is best for me in the long run, but I will be better off if I do what I think I should than what you think I should, or anyone else for that matter.

No comments: