Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New experiences yield small triumphs


Alright time for a confession...I Jessica Hobbs have a flaw...or rather had a flaw...lol anyways I had a cavity filled today. lol It was an interesting experience. So here's the story...

I went home for Christmas and while I was there I went to the dentist and eye doctors for regular check ups. Not only did I come home with an order for reading glasses, but a week later my dentist called and said I had a cavity! Not only was this a complete shock to me, I could not believe it. After my dentist telling me what great teeth I had and that I was so lucky to have never had a cavity, now...I have one? He also went into this great story about how some people are born with the bacteria that causes cavities and like 2% of the world don't have it. He said I must be among that 2%. I was so pleased. I though that these almost 20 years of brushing and flossing had paid off. I was wrong!

So on that trip I also learned that you are supposed to brush your teeth for 2 minutes each time you brush! This was news to me! It would have been nice to know when I was like...3!!!! But anyways it's useful information.


So I have been dreading this all week, and all last week! I hate pain! Once one of my back teeth grew in without enamel so I had to get it taken out when I was like 12 or 13. That actually went well though. Didn't hurt a bit. But now I had to find a new dentist in a new state, and my mom would not be in the next room. I was quite frankly a bit nervous. My mom said "all new experiences are scary Jess." Yeah...thanks mom...

So I get there, and everyone was really nice. We x-rayed my teeth, and then I read People magazine waiting for the Dr. THEN this lady came with some earphones and a remote control and leaned my chair back...I watched a movie!!! It was amazing! So they proceeded to gas me up, and shoot me up to numb my mouth, and I just sat there and enjoyed my movie. :)

After about 20 minutes of fiddling and drilling around in my mouth PRESTO! I was done!!! Cavity filled, crisis averted, and I am a new women with a new experience. :) And just like that I can now say that (as Erika put it) I am normal. I have flaws :) I can admit that. I now have had a cavity, have glasses...what else...I'm
sure there's more, but let's leave it at that for now. I am b-e-a-utiful! I love my life! :) Oh what a day...and my mouth is still numb, but I think I'm going to go to the gym anyways!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Jessica, hey its Lindsay Barber. How are you? Im super impressed that you have NEVER had a cavity. I can not say the same. I love reading your blog, its great!