Monday, January 21, 2008

L-O-V-E

Sometimes I feel when I watch a sappy love movie I sit back and wonder if sometimes I (as they do in the movies) am just throwing around the "L" word. You know the one I am talking about...the L-O-V-E word. But I think that there are degrees of love. It is not a world of black and white...love or not, there are variations or colors to everything. Allow me to elaborate.

Jessica's degrees (levels) of love
1. admiration or mutual respect for another individual
2. honestly caring for another person's needs and desires
3. wanting the best for someone you know and respect
4. wanting to be a better person when you are around a specific person
5. wanting nothing more then to be with a person because the way they make you feel is better than anything you have ever experienced. you become a better, happier person around them, and through them you learn to love yourself.
6. reach for the moon, can't eat, can't sleep world series sort of thing ;)

I have never been in love, so the later levels may not be exactly accurate, but that is what I would imagine it to be like, or how I want them to be. In this sense I feel like I am completely justified in my telling people that I love them. :) If I have ever told you that I love you do not take it trivially. I really do!!! Just know that it is most likely level 2 or 3 love. :) When I use the higher degrees of the "L" word I wonder what it will feel like and who it will be with. *sigh*

No comments: