Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shout out for 2007


This time of year always makes me not only reflect on the past year, but also it makes me realize how lucky I am, and how much I have to be thankful for. This blog is dedicated to the people in my life this past year who have really made an impact on me and helped me through some tough times. :)

My Parents-Living on your own isn't always easy. I have had so many struggles with money over the past year. Even though my parents aren't in a great position to be shelling out tons of money, they do give me money pretty regularly, and it has helped me out greatly! I have not had to take a loan on school these past 4 semesters, and have managed to stay out of debt! Thanks Mom & Dad!

Rob-He is the best friend I have ever had! He is always there for me when I want to talk. He gives me a fresh, honest perspective on what's going on, and what he would do. He doesn't just tell me what I want to hear, he tells me what I need to hear. I can NEVER be mad at him for long. He always knows just the right things to say to make me get over the little things that bug me. He never berates me or belittles me. He always praises me and makes me feel great about myself. He has been there with me through all of the trials I have had to endure this year. I am so grateful for him! Thanks Rob!

Kathryn-Right along that note, Kathryn is always there to talk when I need to hear a comforting voice she is only just a phone call away. I am so happy that we have remained friends even through the distance. She is always on my side, and I love that about her! She backs me up in whatever I do, or think. She and I have gone through a lot together, and with some of the ish that has happened this year I knew only she could relate and advise me. Thanks Kath!
Sarah-I love you to death! I really love the fact that you listen to what I have to say and are genuinely interested (or at least act like you are;0) Every time something new happens in my life I can count on Sarah to listen to me with open ears, and be as excited or depressed as I am. She really gets into my stories and follows my life. I totally appreciate that! I love that she really listens and applies what I say. If I tell her something bugs me or to change something, she will. I love that about her! She has been one of the best friends I have made in my life so far. I love her! Thanks Sarah!

Elyse-A section about bff's would not be complete without including her! We have been bff's since I was born! I really don't know what my life would be like without her in it. (literally...I don't know! haha) We have had some great times! From our childhood of picking on my brother, to our adolescence of out of control celebrity crushes to our current college life traumas, we have been through it all. Our goal since childhood has been to live in Utah, marry hot boys, and live next door to each other so our kids could be bff's and we could start a TV show for Stars Who Want To Cook Good and Do Other Things Good Too. :) Elyse can relate to me on a level that no one else can because she knows me the best. She knows everything about me, about my past, about my family, and about the things I have gone through. Thanks Elyse!

Cynthia-Since my last shout out to the LH blog you have truly become more to me than Sarah's little sister. ;) You are the one person I can go to with drama about boys, and you always know just what to say. You always have just the right advice, and we can talk for hours about how stupid boys are, but how much we can't help but love them! Why do they have to be so confusing?!?! You are the best person to talk about guy troubles with. I love it! I love the support you give me (including talks by general authorities!) I can always count on you to be as excited as I am about the new developments in my life. :) Thanks Cynthia! 


 Lucas-This boy helped me through one of the most traumatic events in my life this past summer! With out his advice and help I don't think I would have gotten through it as well as I did, or learned as much from it. He is always there to slap me back into reality, and tell me the brutal truth even though sometimes I don't think I can handle it! haha He knows how strong I really am, and how much I really want and need to know the truth. We made it all the way to OR and back together. It was a great trip. Thanks Lukie! 


Ellen-aka Elan :) This girl is one of the most amazing people I know! She is always so positive, and sees the best in everyone. She inspires me to be a better person! I LOVE talking to her and telling her what is going on in my life. She is always so supportive and excited to hear everything. She is a great friend, and I am so happy to call her such. We have had great times, from starting at the LH around the same time to writing each other notes in lyric form, to going to Marshall's gig's together it has been a blast! I love her! Thanks Ellen! 


 Erin-She has been through so much this year, and I admire her so much! I can always count on her for a great "boys suck!" talk! haha. I love hearing her juicy stories, and I love telling her mine! :) She is seriously like the sister I never had! She's always there to talk, and talk we do! I love working with her, as well as our many out side of work activities! She is such a great person and I really admire her. Thanks Erin! 


Dallin-OH Dal pal! D*! You are so honest, so blunt, and so funny! My life would not be the same without you! You always have the funnest ideas, and games! Manti, The Christmas light house, concerts, parties, movie nights, eating out. Dallin you are amazing! No day at work would be the same without your vocal abilities! You make everyone happy and want to sing right along with you. :) I am so happy that we have had the talks we have. It is so great to hear honest opinions from someone that likes to talk just as much (if not more) then me! :) I really respect you and all you have to say. You really make me feel great about myself! Love you lots! Thanks Dallin! 


Osman-"Osi my best friend!" This kid has meant a lot to me! From the moment I saw him hauling tables and chairs at Little America, I knew we would be friends! He has such a magnetic personality. Everyone likes him. :) He is so kind and made me feel like a million bucks! My first Turkish friend! I am so glad that we still keep in touch! It is great to make plans for traveling to Turkey and know that I have somewhere to stay! He has been a great friend, and genuinely cares for me. He always lets me "teach" him and tries to be patient while he learns. I am so glad that we became friends. I LOVED each time we worked together, and the many things out side of work we had the opportunity to do. Thanks Osi! 


Winsor-I don't know why it took us as long as it did to become as close as we are, but I am glad it happened. Right before he left on his mission we became so close, sharing every intimate detail of our lives, and texting 24/7. Ice Cube I am so grateful for your friendship. Even though now we are reduced to emails and letters it is great. I am so proud to say that I have a friend on a mission. It is so wonderful to have you to talk to! I can still tell you everything that is going on in my life and know that it doesn't fall on deaf ears. I think it was fate that we became friends so I could write you on your mission! I hope things are great! I miss you and love you! Thanks Winsy! 


Tim-We also became pretty close before you left on your mission. Also texting 24/7. :) I am so grateful for the many conversations we've had. For listening to my problems and keeping them in confidence. It was so fun working with you, and singing with you via text. I had some great times talking on the phone with you, and texting. I will really miss that! I am so excited for you to start this new path of being a missionary in Ghana! I wish you the best of luck. Thanks Tim! 


Phillips Family-What would my life be like without you? Pretty dull! haha You are truly like my second family. Coming to UT to go to conference...ehem I mean visit me even when my own family has not yet made it to visit. Thanks so much for you love and support over the years! Brenda is the greatest person to gossip with. I remember countless nights just sitting in the kitchen talking about all that I have missed. She is the kind of mom I want to be. Her kids love her, admire her, and trust her with their deepest secrets. Each of the kids down to Logan have the funnest personalities, and I love hanging out at their house, even if all we do is sit and talk, or watch sponge bob. Every time I am with any of you it is a great thing! :) I miss you guys so much! Thanks Brenda, Kip, Sierra, Reed, Rachel, and Logan! 


"Team Awesome!"(Ellen & Elizabeth)-You girls are so great! Thanks for making work go by so smoothly and quickly! When team awesome is together it isn't work, it's fun! Every time I ask you to do something as a lead you not only do the task, but are happy to do it. You are both so helpful, and I know I can count on you to get things done. Keep up the great attitudes! Thanks girls! 


Kim-I love you so much!!! You make me so happy! Just being around you can lift my mood! I love that we can just vent to each other without judgment of fear of betrayal. We have so much in common, and think alike in so many ways. I am so glad that we are friends. Every time we are together it is a barrel of fun! I love the rare times that we actually get to work together. You are a great girl with so much potential. You are always there for me when I need a friend! Thanks Kim! 


Liz-What? A roommate that I actually love and adore? Is that possible?! haha I have had my share of rough times, and most of them involving roommates. Thanks for being the best one yet!!! I could not ask for more in a roommate then you! You are loving, kind, considerate, and like to clean and cook like I do. :) I am so glad that our friendship has grown! Thank you for always being there to talk when I need it, and inviting me to hang out with your friends. You deserve everything your heart desires. You are one of the sweetest people I know! I love you! Thanks Liz 


Keli-I love you so much! You are also the best roommate I have ever had!!! Thanks for welcoming me into your apartment with open arms and never looking back! Thank you for all the long talks we shared, and always being so interested in my life. I know at the end of the day when I go home I always have you to talk to! You are one of the nicest people I know! Thank you so much for being so nice to me! I love you!!! Thanks Keli! 


Manuel-What started out as a mutual friendship has become so much more! Thanks for helping me through some tough times. I know you have had it way rougher than I have, but you have remained strong through it all. I admire that. You have not had it easy, but indeed you have tried! Thanks for you support and listening ear to all I have to say. :) Thanks Mani! 


Kelly Kaye-To the world's cutest cousin! I love you so much and I miss you BCF!!! We need to talk soon! I am so sad you don't have myspace anymore because we never talk anymore! haha. I love you more than words could express. You are a wonderful young woman with so much potential ahead of you! I love talking to you and finding out what's going on in your life! I love telling you about my life! You always remember, and ask me follow up questions the next time we talk. I am sad we didn't get to see each other this year. I love you! Thanks Kelly Kaye (BCF)! 


Nicole-I am so proud of all that you have accomplished this year! From going back to school to quitting smoking! You are an amazing girl! I am so glad you are turning your life around. I miss you so much and I am so glad we got to spend so much time together this summer and over Christmas break! I have always looked up to you and I think I always will. You have always been my older cousin, and I love you so much! As you have said, we are family, and in the end that's all you've got (but I believe I have friends that are just as good if not better than family!) I'm so glad I have you!!! I love you coco! Thanks Nicole! 


Kyle-The man with the hook ups! If you break Keli's heart I'll break your face! lol jk. But really you have been so great! You make me feel so pretty, and loved. Thanks for all of your help and listening to my problems and trying to help me solve them! Thanks for your mom's house in Vegas! That was amazing! Sometime we'll have to take Keli and Liz to Vegas! :) It will be a blast! Thanks K-man! 


Jen-Thanks for staying in touch all of these years! Some people have changed a lot since I have seen them last, but I am glad I can count on you to have your own ideas, and still be the person I knew in high school. You hold strong to your beliefs, and love those close to you. Thanks for your love and also for the support and random texts you send. Thanks Jen!

Johnathan & Devin-Little America would not have been nearly as great if I didn't meet these guys! They made coming to work so fun-something to look forward to. :) Our many hang out times and great conversations. Devin's Degrassi and Project Runway DVD's made my life complete! :) They are both there for me when I need to vent about anything. I love them so much! Thanks Devin & John! 


I know there are probably people whom I have forgotten, but you all know I love you so much! Thanks especially to the people I have listed! You all mean so much to me. I would not be the person I am today with out your love and support! You each have a specific role in my life, and I am so grateful for the time you each take in my behalf and the prayers said. Thank you all! You guys are amazing!!! You are all as colorful as this blog! Thanks for all you have done for me, and stay safe!

No comments: