Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Infomercials...addiction?

Have you ever been strangely mesmerized by a late night infomercial? You have absolutely no need for the device, but you cannot bring yourself to change the channel! You just sit...watching...waiting for the price so you can tell if you really are going to buy it. $50 for an amazing paper cutting miracle? YES!!! I'll ask for it for my birthday!!! :)
WHAT??? You can make cards, scrapbook, decorate your home and make projects too???? Are you kidding me?
Use any paper you want?
2 free ink cartridges??????
Hum....so what's on my list?
1. Cricket-personal cutting machine
2. Bowflex-home gym
3. Amazing knife sharpener Now Malcum in the Middle? I am mesmerized yet again....perhaps it is the massive pain in my Lower abdominal area preventing me from much needed rest..perhaps it is the fact that it is almost 2 AM...hum...perhaps...

1 comment:

Wes said...

Yes, but it is human nature. It's all in the dopamine levels and how our brain responds to problems and solutions. Here is a good article on the subject matter: http://www.tvinfomercialreviews.org/infomercial-mind-tricks/dopamine-rush-from-infomercials/